July 18, 1864. Garrard's cav. div. & Lightburn's 15th A.C. (US) brigade moved from Browning's Court House (TUCKER), to this vicinity & destroyed 2 miles of Ga. R.R. track, several culverts, & the water tank.
July 19. Long's & Miller's brigades, Garrard's cav. again struck the R.R. & destroyed quartermaster & commissary stores, 200 bales of cotton & additional trackage.Dibrell's brigade, Kelly's div., Wheeler's cav. corps made all possible defense efforts, both days, to prevent the destruction of Alanta's eastern line of communication.