Lethe Farm was a colonial and early federal period plantation owned by Dr. John de la Howe, founder of John de la Howe School. The farm was operated from about 1770 until 1806.
An archeological survey and limited test excavations were conducted at John de la Howe School, on Little River in McCormick County, South Carolina. Archeologists with the Diachronic Research Foundation, along with students and staff of John de la Howe School worked during the excavation. The project was made possible under a grant from the South Carolina Humanities Council. Additional funding was provided by John de la Howe School, the John de la Howe School Alumni association, the Diachronic Research Foundation, the Archeological Society of South Carolina, and private contributors.
Signs throughout the trail and brochures are made possible through a grant award from the International Paper Company Foundation, Stamford, CT.