Built c. 1758Erected on a 200 acre farm by Abraham A. Haring, a captain in the Bergen County Militia. During the Revolutionary War, Haring was captured by the British and imprisoned in New York City where he died. In 1805 his grandson, Abraham D. Haring, sold the house to Moses Taylor, Jr., who built the frame kitchen wing about 1812. Taylor's descendants owned the house until 1902.
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.
|Series||This marker is part of the New Jersey: Bergen County Historical Society series|
|Placed By||Bergen County Historical Society|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 6th, 2014 at 10:21am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18T E 589919 N 4539022|
|Decimal Degrees||40.99743333, -73.93086667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 40° 59.846', W 73° 55.852'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||40° 59' 50.76" N, 73° 55' 51.12" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 6 Piermont Rd, Rockleigh NJ 07647, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|