Coheelee Creek Covered BridgeAccording to the May 2, 1883 minutes of the Early County Board of Commissioners, a commission was appointed "to inquire into the practicability of construction a bridge across Coheelee Creek at McDonald Ford." However, the construction contract was not let until July 7, 1891. Cost of labor was $490.41 with J. W. Baughman serving as supervisor and W. C. Sheffield, Chairman of the 1891 Commissioners.
Fannie Askew Williams ParkThe Fannie Askew Williams Park, a picnic area adjacent to Coheelee Creek Covered Bridge on Old River Road, is maintained by the Early County Board of Commissioners. The land was made available to the county in 1959 by the late John H. Williams, of Blakely, and bears the name of his first wife. The Peter Early Chapter DAR serves as custodian of the park.