( Front text )
This church was organized February28,1892, by Revs. W.H.Dowling andJ.T. Morrison with nine chartermembers. It was admitted to theSavannah River Baptist Associationwith Rev.Dowling as its firstminister. The congregation heldservices in the Masonic halluntil 1894, when it built its firstsanctuary, a frame building, on Main St. in Ridgeland.
( Reverse text )
Ridgeland Baptist Church, originallyon Main St. in Ridgeland, moved toa brick sanctuary on the corner ofThird Ave. and U.S. Hwy. 17 in 1925.A third sanctuary, built there in 1950,was enlarged and remodeled in 1963 and 1992. The church and allbuildings except fellowship hallburned in 1995. The congregationthen moved to this site, dedicatingthis new sanctuary in 1998.