With the discovery of gold and silver in Nevada at Goldfield and Tonopah, the need for electric power for mining operations was fulfilled in September, 1905, by construction of a hydro-electric plant on Bishop Creek, which supplied 1,300 kilowatts of energy over a 113 mile long transmission line.
The Nevada Power, Mining & Milling Co. which built the project later became the Nevada-California Power Co., and four additional plants were built using the water from North, Sabrina, and South Lakes to supply power into Central Nevada and South to Rhyolite. In 1964, the projects were acquired by the Southern California Edison Co.
Dedicated June 25, 1988
Slim Princess Chapter 395
E Clampus Vitus