—Historic Biloxi —This Biloxi welcome arch originally stood at the northeast entrance of Biloxi's old City Park, which was on the northwest corner of Reynoir Street and south of the Louisville and Nashville Railroad depot. The Biloxi Commercial Club and the City of Biloxi worked together to create the park, which opened in 1911 on the land leased from the railroad company. The park was a hub of activity throughout the early 20th Century Band concerts, political rallies, and patriotic celebrations were enjoyed by the public and the park was open to private and organizational picnics, dances, and other social gatherings.
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.
|Placed By||The City of Biloxi|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, March 25th, 2017 at 5:02pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16R E 318827 N 3363846|
|Decimal Degrees||30.39303333, -88.88576667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 30° 23.582', W 88° 53.146'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||30° 23' 34.92" N, 88° 53' 8.76" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling West|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 101-105 Main St, Biloxi MS 39530, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|