Porter Hall was the first building erected on the Tuskegee campus. The building housed administrative offices, library reading and recitation rooms, chapel, kitchen, dining room, living quarters and laundry. It was named after Alfred H. Porter of Brooklyn, New York the major contributor of funds for the contributor of funds for the construction of the building.
At the time of completion, Porter Hall was the largest building in the town of Tuskegee. In 1903 the structure was demolished and two years later Huntington Academic Building was erected in its location.
Huntington Academic Building
Named after Collis P. Huntington and was built with funds donated by Arabella Huntington in memory of her railroad magnate husband. The building housed high school classrooms, office space, girls' gymnasium, and the college
bookstore. The structure replaced Porter Hall as the academic center of campus. An electrical fire destroyed the newly renovated Huntington Academic Hall in 1991.