Capt. Cuthbert Slocomb of the 5th Company, Washington Artillery of New Orleans, commanded Redoubt No. 3, also known as Battery Blair,
consisted of one 8-inch Columbiad, two 12-pound Napoleons, one 3-inch ordinance rifle, and four mortars. The four cannons were nicknamed Lady Slocomb, Cora Slocomb, Lady Vaught, and General Gibson. A severe bombardment on April 4, 1865 disabled the 8-inch Lady Slocomb and killed several men. The cannon is now displayed outside the Louisiana Civil War Museum in New Orleans.
Brig. Gen. Randall Gibson's Louisiana Brigade occupied the trenches between Battery Blair and the extreme right of the Confederate line during the Battle of Spanish Fort. After General Gibson was placed in command of the Spanish Fort Garrison, Col. Francis Campbell was given temporary command of the brigade. It consisted of the following units: the 4th LA Sharpshooter Battalion consolidated with the 1st/16th/20th consolidated LA Infantry, the 4th/13th/30th consolidated LA Infantry, the 19th LA Infantry, and the 25th LA Infantry Regiments.