Pioneer area settler Henry S. Boydstun (1858-1942), a native of Illinois, moved his family to this area in 1890. That year, his infant son, Eddie, died and was buried in the southwest corner of the family farm. In 1898, Boydstun deeded two acres at the site for use as a public burial ground. A small farming community that developed near there included a school and, from 1891-1940, a post office (listed as Boydston). Although Boydstun deeded land for the cemetery, he and his wife, Mary (d.1950), were interred in nearby town of Groom.
Text from Texas Historic Sites Atlas (Marker Number 480.)