Circa 1949This building was built on property purchased from Dr. Andrew Emmer by the Iberia Parish Police Jury in 1948 during the period of patriotism following World War II. Designed by noted Louisiana architect A. Town Hays and constructed in 1949, the building was first known as the Iberia Parish War Memorial. Originally housing offices for various veterans' organizations, the building now hosts numerous social events such as receptions and dinners as well as meetings for different veterans' groups. Inside is a collection of memorabilia from several wars. The structure, owned by Iberia Parish, honors all its veterans who have served our Country. The Navy jet located on the property is from the Korean War era.Donated by the Iberia Parish Government in honor of the citizens of Iberia Parish.
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.
|Placed By||Iberia Cultural Resources Association|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, December 3rd, 2016 at 9:01pm PST -08:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||15R E 614811 N 3319789|
|Decimal Degrees||30.00368333, -91.80960000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 30° 0.221', W 91° 48.576'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||30° 0' 13.26" N, 91° 48' 34.56" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling South|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 500 Marie St, New Iberia LA 70563, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|