In 1989, the Bartlett Travis house was relocated to this site from Warren and Canton Center and in 1993, restoration commenced. After a complete restoration it was dedicated to the community in 2002. In 1995, the Canton Historical Society built a pole Barn to house their antique farm equipment collection. Tours and demonstrations are routinely held here. The Palmers donated the 1840's tool shed, and in 2006, the Cady Boyer Barn was saved from destruction. A local businessman, Bob Boyer, partnered with Canton to move the barn from property owned by the Plymouth Canton Schools to this site with the aid of Michigan Amish craftsmen. The silo located to the north end of the barn was donated by Tim and Gail Carr of Canton in 2009. The pioneer "Folk House" located on the west end of the property was moved from 425 Ridge Road to its' present location in 2008.
Many volunteers and donors have made this collection of Canton's farming history a reality. Today this site enjoys many community activities and events. In 2009, this park was officially named, Preservation Park.