Oldest in the Old Northwest TerritoryFounded in 1797 in the log cabin of the Reverend Francis McCormick, the Milford Methodist Church is the oldest of the denomination in the Northwest Territory and Ohio. Pioneer worshipers walked many miles through the wilderness to attend its circuit rider services. The present sanctuary was consecrated on Christmas Day, 1836. The bell tower and Sunday School rooms were 1870 additions.
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.
|Series||This marker is part of the Ohio: Ohio Historical Society series|
|Placed By||Old Milford Area, Inc. and The Ohio Historical Society|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, November 12th, 2016 at 9:04pm PST -08:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 734008 N 4339850|
|Decimal Degrees||39.17641667, -84.29103333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 39° 10.585', W 84° 17.462'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||39° 10' 35.1" N, 84° 17' 27.72" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling West|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 541 Main St, Milford OH 45150, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|