From 1887 through 1928, the Cambria mines near here actively produced coal. Now a ghost town, 1,500 people once called Cambria home. When the Cambria Fuel Company closed the Cambria coal mines, it also constructed a recreation complex, the Cambria Casino-Park Memorial as a memorial to the miners and traditions of Cambria. The company donated 2,280 acres and former employees helped build, manage, and maintain the park. New York architect Bruce Rabenold designed the English Tudor style inn, known as the Cambria Casino, in 1927. The casino building, built of local sandstone by local masons in 1929, was the center piece of the park. The recreational complex featured the inn, a fresh water pool and a salt water plunge, a museum that displayed Cambria memorabilia, and a 9-hole golf course.
In 1931 the Park became known as the Flying V, when Driscoll brothers of South Dakota, whose cattle brand was the Flying V, leased the complex from the Cambria Fuel Company and operated it as a working ranch. Since that time the building has served a variety of functions, including a Christian academy, a private events space, a guest ranch, and a restaurant, bar and lounge.