The Telephone Building was built in
1966 by Grover Charnock when
radiotelephones were finally replaced
with a microwave tower.
In front of this is a new home, built on
the site of the former Grand Theater,
built in 1929 by Gordon Daley, and torn
down in the early 1960s.
The Alonzo Moore Store, also known as
Myrt's, was built by William Walter. It
was 50' x 75', two stories high with high
ceilings and ceiling fans. The upper
level was a three bedroom home with a
porch along the entire north side. On
the ground floor were two large
rectangular rooms, including a 40'long
marble soda fountain and a dance hall.
The front room was a general store that
sold canned goods, had a candy
counter, nail kegs, a liar's bench and a
pot-bellied stove. Myrt loved to play
Chinese Checkers and would always
accept the challenge to play. She was
also known to be an effective bouncer if
things got too rowdy.