Established here about 1871 and served as educational, cultural, religious and social center of this community until consolidation in 1934. School land was donated by George and Georgie Arwood. Early teachers included W.E. Andrews, Mrs. M.E. Fleming and Alvin Martin. Some pioneer families of the community were: Allen, Arwood, Barefoot, Bloodsworth, Burkett, Dawkins, Fleming, Flowers, Harper, Helms, Kelley, Lightener, Mixson, Nicholson, O'Neal, Rodgers, Russell, Simons, Story, Trawick, Whittington, Weekes.