Proud Heritage - Bright FutureThe site of present-day River Forest was once home to prehistoric Native Americans, who constructed large effigy mounds throughout the region. Soon after the American Revolution Chippewa, Menominee, and Potawatomi Indians moved onto the landscape, but by 1835 most native tribes were gone, complying with terms of the 1833 Treaty of Chicago.
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.
|Placed By||Patrick Yerkes, Troop 65, Eagle Scout Project, Illinois Historical Society|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, May 7th, 2016 at 5:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16T E 431871 N 4637041|
|Decimal Degrees||41.88236667, -87.82111667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 41° 52.942', W 87° 49.267'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||41° 52' 56.52" N, 87° 49' 16.02" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||708, 630|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling North|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 15 Forest Ave, River Forest IL 60305, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|