Eleven women founded the Woman's Club of Antioch in February, 1902. They pledged to "improve and beautify the town, to do any business which shall promote the educational, industrial, benevolent, social or political welfare of its members or the community at large."
These women spearheaded the first high school, first library, city park, paved streets and municipal water-sewer system. This lot was purchased in 1904; cardboard shingle sales for a dime built the permanent clubhouse in 1910. The building was leased as school rooms from 1920-22. Renovated and enlarged, otherwise occupied continuously by the Woman's Club of Antioch.