Settlers established Gray, Beaver Co., Okla., in the 1900s. Rev. J. W. Duff of Enid, Okla., organized a church in Jan. 1915 and became the first minister. Lumber came from Liberal, Kan., and the Ladies Aid Society raised funds to buy an organ, pews, and carpeting. Revivals and a dedication on Oct. 3, 1915, increased membership from 11 to 122. The Santa Fe Railway built between Gray and Ochiltree, Texas in 1919, creating Perryton. Most houses and buildings were moved by horse and mule teams or steam tractors south to the new townsite. The town's only church remained and for decades was both a viable congregation and an attraction for travelers, with a blue neon cross declaring that "Jesus Saves." In 2002, members decided to move the church to Perryton.