The Embarcadero BuildingThis was the former site of Napa's original Embarcadero and home of two Banner warehouses constructed in 1862 and later acquired by Charles Carpy for wine storage. Captain A. Hatt purchased the property in 1895 for storage. Behind the current Embarcadero buildings, which was built in 1997, Hatt constructed a wharf on the Napa River in 1897 that included a derrick facilitating the loading and unloading of steamships. Hatt used the wharf for receiving and shipping his goods up and down the Napa River and to moor his personal schooner and small fleet of steamships used for shipping. As the shipping industry waned and the Napa Valley went from farming to grape growing, the wharf fell into disrepair and was removed.
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.
|Placed By||Napa River Inn|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, February 7th, 2016 at 1:02pm PST -08:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||10S E 562706 N 4238871|
|Decimal Degrees||38.29573333, -122.28290000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 38° 17.744', W 122° 16.974'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||38° 17' 44.64" N, 122° 16' 58.44" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||707, 510|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near Riverfront Promenade, Napa CA 94559, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|