THE FIRST SWEDISH AGRICULTURAL COMPANY was formed in Chicago in early 1868. The Company, with the assistance of Railroad Agents, purchased 13,160 acres of land here in the Smoky Valley, and sent Anders Olsson, A. Jacobson, L. N. Sandell, Magnus Carlson, Peter Peterson, and John Ferm to Kansas arriving in February of 1868, according to the town's first early historian, Dr. Alfred Bergin.
The group quickly fell in love with the Smoky Valley and made claim on land provided by the Union Pacific Railroad as homesteads or by sale. These early settlers lived in dugouts and hastily built shelters while they built the Bolaghuset (Company House) east of Coronado Heights, as well as their own homes.
The Company first decided to build the town in Section 7, a mile northwest of the present city where the church was to be built.
Upon the arrival of Magnus Carlson's brother-in-law C. R. Carlson in December of 1868, the group was persuaded to move the new town site to where it is presently located on the banks of the Smoky Hill River.
C. R. Carlson soon wrote a letter to his close friend Rev. Olof Olsson in Sweden to come to America and become the first Pastor of the church which was to be built in Section 7. Pastor Olsson accepted and brought 250 Swedes with him to America, with around 105 locating in the Smoky Valley. Pastor Olsson's group arrived in June of 1869.
It was Pastor Olsson who provided the leadership to incorporate the new settlement as the town of Lindsborg.
This trail was completed and dedicated during the summer of 2006. The population of Lindsborg at that time was 3,321.