c. 1853The stone pilings seen in this archaeological excavation unit are part of the original foundation of the Casa de Aguirre built circa 1853. The original adobe mansion extended ten feet to the east of where the current building ends. The 21st century re-creation of the Aguirre house follows the footprint of the historic structure, except for these sections of the foundation that were preserved for viewing.
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.
|Placed By||Historic Tours of America – The Nations Storyteller|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 19th, 2014 at 5:56pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||11S E 481652 N 3624006|
|Decimal Degrees||32.75376667, -117.19586667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 32° 45.226', W 117° 11.752'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||32° 45' 13.56" N, 117° 11' 45.12" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||619, 858, 949|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 4010 Twiggs St, San Diego CA 92110, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|