Attracted to the rich farm land, immigrants from Austria, Bohemia, Germany, Moravia and Silesia came here in the 1880s-90s. This community grew around a cotton gin built about 1883. A Catholic church and school operated at nearby Corn Hill. A post office, named "Theon" for the Greek "to God," opened in 1890. A rifle club sponsored dances, rifle contests and other socials. Farmers started a beef club, butchered mean monthly and shared it with all families. After the post office and school closed, the cotton gin continued to serve this area.